What We Do
Face to Face.
We provide person centred services from when sight loss is first diagnosed. We want everyone to be able to ‘live well with sight loss’ and our complementary services are available without a referral from any other organisation. These are some of the things we offer:
- Information and Support Service at York Hospital
- Drop-in Equipment and Information Centre
- Talking Space Counselling Service
- Volunteer Home Visiting Service
- Coffee and Information Sessions
- Living with Sight Loss courses
- Peer support, leisure and learning activities
- Support with accessible technology
We love to promote the Eye Health message and talk about what we do, so we can provide a speaker for group meetings.
We want to increase our community’s understanding of the individual nature of sight loss, so we can provide tailored training for staff and volunteers.
We want blind and partially sighted people to be able to read their correspondence so we are able to produce information in large print, audio and Braille.
We speak out about issues of concern to people living with sight loss (for example, advertising boards on pavements) and we work with the community to find a solution.
To make a donation please click below
To find out more about volunteering please click below
To sign up to our quarterly newsletter please click below
For more information on other local and national services click below