What We Do
Face to Face
We provide person centred services from when sight loss is first diagnosed. We want everyone to be able to ‘live well with sight loss’ so you don’t need a referral from anyone else to access our complementary services. Please just give us a call to chat about your sight needs and discuss what we can do to help. These are some of the things we offer:
- Sight Support Service at York Hospital Eye Clinic
- An Equipment and Information Centre
- Talking Space Counselling Service
- Volunteer Home Visiting Scheme
- Living with Sight Loss courses
- Peer support, leisure and learning activities
- Support with accessible technology
- An employment advice service
We love to promote the Eye Health message and talk about what we do. We can provide a speaker for group meetings and tailored training for staff and volunteers.
We want blind and partially sighted people to be able to access the information they need, so we can produce information in large print, audio and braille.
We bring blind and partially sighted people together to engage with the community on issues of concern (for example street furniture, footstreets and e-scooters). We aim to work together to find solutions that work for us all.
To make a donation please click below
To find out more about volunteering please click below
To sign up to our quarterly newsletter please click below
For more information on other local and national services click below