Staff and Volunteer Vacancies
At MySight York, we can offer our staff and volunteers the opportunity to take part in vital and rewarding work that will greatly benefit our service users.
There are currently no staff vacancies. For volunteer vacancies, please find more information below.
We are currently looking for more people to volunteer. More information below:
Volunteers help us with all aspects of our work. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, whether to support fundraising, helping with activities or training to become a Home Visitor, please contact our Befriending Service Manager, Catherine Bamford on Catherine.Bamford@mysightyork.org or telephone 01904 731122.
Trustees have independent control over, and legal responsibility for the charity’s management and administration. They play a very important role, unpaid, in a sector that contributes significantly to the wellbeing of people throughout the UK.
We are currently looking for more people to join as Trustees. More information below:
As part of the board of Trustees, we are specifically looking for someone to fill the role of Treasurer.
Our Treasurer will ensure MySight York is financially in a good position to carry out its purpose – to support local people to live well with sight loss.
· Liaising with the Chair of the Board and CEO to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
· Take a lead in interpreting financial data for Trustees, helping them be aware of their financial obligations
· Reporting the financial position at Trustees meetings – balance sheet, cash flow etc.
· Support the production of annual reports, overseeing the financial returns process.
· Getting involved in the wider Trustee remit of contributing ideas and overseeing risk management.
Being a Treasurer is a hugely important role, and thus there are a few things on our wish list…
· You’ll be a strong relationship builder, able to work effectively as a part of amazing team of Trustees from all different backgrounds
· You’ll be a collaborative decision maker, a confident influencer, and an excellent listener.
· You’ll have loads of personal integrity, always acting in MySight York’s best interest
If you would like more information please see the documents below or contact email@example.com
To make a donation please click below
To find out more about volunteering please click below
To sign up to our quarterly newsletter please click below
For more information on other local and national services click below