Staff and Volunteer Vacancies
At MySight York, we can offer our staff and volunteers the opportunity to take part in vital and rewarding work that will greatly benefit our service users.
Volunteers help us with all aspects of our work. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, whether it be fundraising, helping with activities or training to become a Home Visitor, then please contact our Volunteer Manager Catherine Bamford on mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 731122.
Trustee Vacancies: Honorary Treasurer
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of people with sight loss in and around York? Are you looking for an opportunity to share your financial skills in support of a valued local charity? Could you help MySight York to thrive and develop into the next phase of our ambition?
We are looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking Honorary Treasurer, someone who shares our vision and values, and who has the right skills and experience to support our financial decision-making.
For an information conversation, please contact our Chief Executive, Scott Jobson: 01904 731121 / email@example.com
The Trustee Role
Trustees have independent control over, and legal responsibility for the charity’s management and administration. They play a very important role, unpaid, in a sector that contributes significantly to the wellbeing of people throughout the UK.
No previous experience of supporting people with sight loss is necessary as full training will be given.
- Ensure the charity is carrying out its purpose for which it was set up to do and no other purpose.
- Comply with the charity’s governing document and the law
- Act in the charity’s best interest.
- Identify and manage risks
- Identify ways to generate income and raise funds
- Manage the charity’s resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill, making use of your skills and experience and taking appropriate advice when necessary
- Ensure the charity has appropriate procedure and policies in place and ensure staff and volunteers receive appropriate training.
- Promote effective working relationships between trustees, CEO, staff team and volunteers.
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in all trustee’s meetings
- Ensure the charity is accountable
- Commitment to the vision, ethos and values of MySight York
- A willingness to meet the minimum time requirement (bi-monthly meetings, attendance at AGM and any other appropriate meetings and training)
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak your mind
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to make decisions for the good of MySight York
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being a trustee.
All new trustees are required to attend an initial training session to gain an understanding of sight loss and the role of a trustee. Ongoing training and support will be provided if required.
For more information, please contact:
Scott Jobson, Chief Executive
Martin Fawcett, Chair
To make a donation please click below
To find out more about volunteering please click below
To sign up to our quarterly newsletter please click below
For more information on other local and national services click below