Losing your sight can affect lots of different aspects of daily life. Here are some of the ways that we can help.
Every person living with sight loss is an individual, so there is no such thing as ‘one size fits all’. MySight York is here to help you find a solution that works for you, and to understand your entitlements.
For example, we may be able to help with:
- Getting out and about safely, using public transport, applying for a disabled person’s railcard or bus pass, or understanding the benefits of a white cane or guide dog
- Having a volunteer to visit or go out with
- Looking after yourself, your home and your family
- Finding new ways of doing things that make the most of your residual vision, using ideas from other people living with sight loss
- Education, employment or leisure activities
- Reading in all its forms, including ways of magnifying print and using audio or Braille
Go to the How We Help pages to find out about all of our services.
To make a donation please click below
To find out more about volunteering please click below
To sign up to our quarterly newsletter please click below
For more information on other local and national services click below