Losing your sight can affect lots of different aspects of daily life. Every person living with sight loss is an individual, and there is no such thing as ‘one size fits all’.
MySight York is here to help you find solutions that work for you, and to understand your entitlements. Amongst other things, we can discuss:
- Looking after yourself, your home and your family
- Reading in all its forms, including magnification, audio formats and braille
- Getting out and about safely. This may include using public transport, applying for a disabled person’s railcard or bus pass, and understanding the benefits of a white cane or guide dog
- Making the most of your residual vision
- Finding new ways of doing things, using ideas from other people living with sight loss
- Having a volunteer to visit or go out with
- Exploring education, employment or leisure opportunities
There is more information about all our services on the How We Help pages.
To make a donation please click below
To find out more about volunteering please click below
To sign up to our quarterly newsletter please click below
For more information on other local and national services click below